ATTENTION ALL EFILERS – YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON ALL DOCUMENTS
Please take note the County Clerk Office has modified the rule requirements regarding email addresses on specific documents submitted to our office for filing. See home page for further information.
Texas Supreme Court Misc. Docket No. 13-9165 [PDF]
RULE 21. FILING AND SERVING PLEADINGS AND MOTIONS
(f) Electronic Filing.
(2) Email Address. The email address of an attorney or unrepresented party who electronically files a document must be included on the document.
As of January 1, 2014, attorneys filing civil and probate documents including original petitions, applications, answers, request for service or process or any other court matter with the Fort Bend County Clerk’s office are mandated by Supreme Court Order to file electronically.
You must select an electronic filing service provider – an EFSP who will submit your documents on your behalf through the State of Texas’ authorized electronic portal which is known as eFileTexas.gov.
eFileTexas.gov benefits include:
- Full integration with e-filing service providers - no need to switch
- Low cost filing any time, from any internet-ready computer
- Enhanced reporting and financial reconciliation
- Quick access to file-stamped copies of your court documents
To learn more, visit www.eFileTexas.gov, our FAQs page or our eFile.TXcourts.gov Help Information page.